Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Shoo...Go On...Git On Outta Here, Ya Hear?

2013 sucked. There, I said it. I typically don't like using that particular verb in public, but I can't think of another way to describe the horribleness that was last year. Well, technically I can think of another way, but I don't want to get flagged as an X-rated blog.

It started out okay. I mean, yeah, I was unemployed, but I had job prospects, savings, and UI, so I figured I was good for 6 months or so before the panic stage. So, in the beginning I enjoyed my time off - exercised, traveled, relaxed, etc. I went to Florida, San Francisco, Honolulu, Big Bear, DC, Scottsdale, San Diego, Santa Barbara - pretty much the usual fun and frivolity that we do each year. Then I got hired for some random freelance contracts, so I figured all was well. Not so much. You know that phrase about people planning and God laughing? Yeah, that happened. Actually, I think God was laughing at my lack of planning. My contracts got cancelled/delayed to the point of being non-existent...and then the UI ran out...and then the savings ran out...and next thing you know, I'm attached to my couch in a depressed coma. Because that always helps, right?

Forgive me, 2013, for blaming you for everything that went wrong in my life last year, but I have to take it out on someone. It might not be you, it might be me, but I definitely need my space from you right now, so let's take a break. Oh, who am I kidding...I'm kicking you to the curb and never want to see you again. Get the ***** away from me and just go ***** yourself. Wow. I guess that's been bottled up in me for a while.

2014, let's do this.

No comments: