Saturday, June 7, 2008

Everybody Loves a Parade

...Even our four-legged friends. The Santa Barbara Dog Parade is a big deal each summer - I'm talking people come from miles around, spend a year getting their dog floats ready, 1200 dogs participate, and the Big Dog Foundation donates millions of dollars for charities helping dogs, children, and dogs that help people. They even made a film (a "dogumentary") that premiered at the Santa Barbara film festival in January. This year The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan, was the grand marshall. Here he is waving to me.....well, in my general direction.
You know those pictures of dogs dressed up that are entitled "This is why I hate my owner"? I wish I could've read the thought bubbles of all the dogs in the parade, because I'm sure that's exactly what they were thinking. However, always one to exploit cute-ness, I have tons of pictures. I couldn't even decide which ones were more "awwww" than the next, so I just posted them all. If your dog happens to chew through the power cord while you're viewing this page, he may be sending you a message that he won't be receptive to these potential Halloween costumes. (Click images to enlarge.)
2007 champion and co-star of Unleashed: A Dogumentary

No comments: