Thank goodness March is over! I HATE COLD WEATHER!!!!! And despite what everyone thinks, California is COLD January through March. Usually on the weekends when you want to do something, of course. We have sporadic beautiful-ness during the work week.
By the way, did you know that the lion/lamb phrase has to do with constellations as well as the harsh/mild weather metaphor? Something about Leo the Lion and Aries the Ram and when they’re visible during the month. Who knew? Oh wait - who cares?
Highlights of the month:
- Saw my first and last opera – L'Elisir d'Amore. Let’s just say needles-eyeballs-poking action and leave it at that.
- Experienced a No Country for Old Men-esque roadtrip as we drove out to Death Valley one weekend. Stopped at a ghost town along the way and discovered that Charles Manson buried some bodies nearby. Did not investigate further. Did not run into Javier Bardem.
- Saw Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields and Sir Neville Marriner came out of retirement to conduct, which was an unexpected surprise. They were fab-u-lous, as always. (In my fantasy-in-my-head life, I’m a musician in a symphony; sometimes I’m even the conductor.)
- Saw Sweeney Todd (the play), but still haven’t seen the movie. I hope Johnny isn’t mad at me for cheating on him with live theater.
- Relived my color guard director days and dragged my husband to the WGI West Power Regional Finals. Now, talk about wanting to insert a needle…..poor guy. I loved it and even had an “I miss teaching high school” moment. It passed, thankfully.
- Ignored March Madness for the first time ever. I’m hoping for UCLA to take it all since the Gators snatched the title from them the past two years in a row, but I won’t watch until the last minute. Just. Don’t. Care. However, I do care about the tournament of losers this year because UF might end up playing Ohio State, and you know how that tends to end up. Fingers crossed.
So out with the beasts and in with the fools. Happy April, thank goodness.