Sunday, April 6, 2008

Whale-(nappy-headed)-Ho!

We went whale-watching Saturday, which actually should’ve been called dolphin-watching since we didn’t see any whales. Last year I went twice and saw several on one trip, and none on another, so I’m getting used to their agoraphobia. It’s kinda like stalking George Clooney or Johnny Depp (not that I would EVER do something like that, nope, not me) – you hardly ever see them out, but when you do it’s a beautiful thing. Now dolphins, on the other hand, are kinda like the Paris-Lindsey-Britney club (except WAY smarter) – always the center of attention. They play with the boat and jump around and do tricks just like at Sea World. It makes me think that Sea World trainers don’t really have such a hard job after all. Plus, real whales make Shamu look like a wimpy little girly-man whale. (Note the Shamu vs. Real Whale plagiarized picture - see what I mean - it's no contest!)

Looks like I’ll have to wait until next year/season to continue my quest for the perfect whale sighting. Just call me Ishmael.

No comments: